[U-Boot-Users] NAND hardware ECC

Shannon Holland holland at loser.net
Tue Oct 26 02:37:19 CEST 2004

It looks like we're going to be wanting to use hardware ecc on our
board (since the S3C2410 supports it and our u-boot loader only has
code space to use hardware ecc). It would appear that u-boot's 3 byte
ecc is not compatible with the hardware algorithm used by the S3C2410
(whatever that algorithm is, I have been unable to find any
documentation on it).

So, I would like to add support for hardware ecc to cmd_nand.c. Before
I embark on this, I wanted to check to see if anyone else is working on
this or had preferences as to how it should be done?

Thanks!

Shannon