[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Oct 26 10:32:18 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <417DF771.5010904 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:
>
>>Well, it's a bug in the CPU. If the LCDC DMA is running, the cpu won't reboot
>>with a simple "mov pc, r0".
>

> Ummm... you don't call this a "reset", do you?

Well that's what is done (work) for most ARM920T... Execeptions are

#ifdef CONFIG_S3C2400
         bl      disable_interrupts
# ifdef CONFIG_TRAB
         bl      disable_vfd
# endif

BTW cominh to think about it: Does "bl disable_vfd" by any chance disable video
controller for CONFIG_TRAB !?!? ;-)

> In your case, I think you really want to  implement  a  _real_  reset
> function  that  takes the CPU back into it's virgin state. Is there a
> watchdog on this hardware?

Sure. That means you have board _and_ cpu specific reset code!
Some want to toggle a GPIO pin. Some want to use a cpu watchdog...
So should we move the reset code out of cpu/arm920t/start.S into the brand new
cpu/arm920t/$(SOC)/reset.{S.c} !?

--
Steven Scholz