[U-Boot-Users] Srec problem and TQM860

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 15:50:30 CEST 2004

In message <002501c4bb53$acc52f20$8a24758f at ee.qub.ac.uk> you wrote:

>     Last week I followed the ELDK instructions to replace the TQ Monitor
> on my board with Das U-Boot. I use ELDK 3.0 but download the U-Boot
> 1.1.1
> source and compiled it rather than the 1.0.2 source delivered with ELDK
> 3.0.

Why didn't you use the current code from CVS as recommended in the DULG?

> I built U-Boot using
>
>               make TQM860L_config

This is OK for recent versions of U-Boot.

> I now realise that I have FEC on my board, and should have used
>
>               Make TQM860L_FEC_config

Obsolete and does not exist any more.

> but I did not expect that this would impact on the serial port comms.
> Perhaps this is the source of the problem ???

No.

> All of this went well - I can log into U-Boot and execute commands such
> as
> flinfo.

Then everything is fine.

> I then built the linux 2.4.24 kernel that comes with ELDK 3.0 and
> converted
> this to S records. My downloads fail at the seventh S record (see
> attached
> debug from "cu" at end of file); record 6 required a retry.

Why do you chose the slowest and most unreliable way top download the
image? Use TFTP, or at least kermit binary protocol instead.

> Has this problem been seen before? Is there anything that can be done to
> work around it?

Did you configure your UUCP tools as recommended?  Are  you  using  a
real serial port or one of those crippled USB adapters?

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Status quo. Latin for "the mess we're in."