[U-Boot-Users] Srec problem and TQM860

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 20:09:04 CEST 2004

In message <002e01c4bb74$5afd59d0$8a24758f at ee.qub.ac.uk> you wrote:

>    My hardware is an STK8xxL.400 Universal Application Baseboard
> with a TQ minimodule MPC860P/8Mb Flash/16 MB SDRAM. I have connected
> the serial port on my PC to the "middle" serial port connector on=20
> the baseboard. Is this hardware known to cause problems ?

The TQM8xxL series is one of our  reference  platofrms.  You  can  be
pretty sure that there are no problems.

>     I have also tried TFTPBOOT with the following unusual results:
>
> => tftpboot 40040000 /tftpboot/uImage
>
> Using SCC ETHERNET device
> TFTP from server 192.168.5.1; our IP address is 192.168.5.6
> Filename '/tftpboot/uImage'.
> Load address: 0x40040000
> TX not ready
> TX timeout
> T TX not ready

This is not uinnormal. This is absolutely normal behaviour in case of
a misconfiguration of your board, and is actually a FAQ. PLEASE  READ
THE FAQs _before_ posting. See especially
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/EthernetProblemsOnTQM8xxL

> Does any of this point to a specific kind of problem with my hardware ?

No. I think the hardware is OK, but you didn't  jet  the  jumpers  as
needed.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
People are very flexible and learn to adjust to strange  surroundings
--  they can become accustomed to read Lisp and Fortran programs, for
example.   - Leon Sterling and Ehud Shapiro, Art of Prolog, MIT Press