[U-Boot-Users] Missing 440GX SDRAM Controller reset?

David Adair dadair at ariodata.com
Tue Oct 26 22:29:14 CEST 2004

I have this same problem described a few months ago and
corrected by adding the SDRAM controller reset present in
the PIBS code but missing in rev 1.1.1 of u-boot e.g:

    mtsdr(sdr_srst, 0x00200000);
    mtsdr(sdr_srst, 0x00000000);

Was this left out on purpose?  It seems like if the BDI configuration
can cause a hang then a warm-reboot is going to be problematic too??

> Re: problems with BDI2000 / u-boot / Linux on IBM 440GX Ocotea
reference board
> > The first problem is if I try to run u-boot from flash with a
BDI2000