[U-Boot-Users] u-boot-1.1.1 ml300 compile problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 1 19:42:51 CEST 2004

In message <200409011735.i81HZJL14974 at hofr.at> you wrote:

> > This is because you added files which don't belong to U-Boot.
> >
> ok - then its something else - I actually added these files because of the
> errors I got with the stock 1.1.1 - which failed with ld not finding boot.o

Check your toolchain.

> powerpc-eabi-ld -g  -Ttext 0x40000 \
> 	-o hello_world -e hello_world hello_world.o libstubs.a \
> 	-L/root/EDK/gnu/powerpc-eabi/lin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-eabi/2.95.3-4 -lgcc
> powerpc-eabi-ld: cannot find boot.o
> make[1]: *** [hello_world] Error 1

There is no such object (or source)  in  U-Boot.  I  guess  it  comes
though  your  compiler's  library  files.  Use  an approved toolchain
instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
egrep patterns are full regular expressions; it uses a fast  determi-
nistic algorithm that sometimes needs exponential space.
- unix manuals