[U-Boot-Users] Problem using tftp whith ColdFire 5282

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 3 12:48:09 CEST 2004

In message <200409031120.50417.jruizmunain at ikerlan.es> you wrote:

> 	Hello.

Why are you sending the same message 3 times ???

> I ported the U-BOOT for the ColdFire MCF5282. I have written the routines that
> are needed to initialise the processor, and it works properly. The platform
> what I working with, is the AVNET platform.
> The code can be easily ported to the M5282EVB platform, by doing fews
> modifications.
>
> U-BOOT starts properly, and I write:
>
> -> setenv ethaddr   xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx           (AVNET MAC address)
> -> setenv ipaddr     yy.yy.yy.yy                       (the AVNET IP address)
> -> setenv serverip   zz.zz.zz.zz                        (server IP address)

What are the EXACT paramters you used here?

> When i do "ping yy.yy.yy.yy", it does not wok!!!
> I think the driver contained on /u-boot-1.1.1/cpu/mcf52x2/fec.c, works
> properly, but I would like tho know if it should initialise the PHY or not.

Answer yourself: do you think you can send data through an
uninitialized PHY?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success  is  also
easy  to  handle:  you've  solved  the  wrong  problem.  Work hard to
improve.