[U-Boot-Users] Testing patch

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 7 09:17:37 CEST 2004

Dear David,

in message <A9127632-0094-11D9-9008-000393C7979E at student.unsw.edu.au> you wrote:

> 1. When attempting to test my patch to make sure that I haven't killed
> any of the other boards, do I need to build all the relevant
> tool-chains, or can I just use MAKEALL to build for the boards related
> to mine (e.g. pxa)?

If other architectures may be affected (changes  to  common  code)  I
recommend  to  build  at least for PPC and ARM. But you don't have to
build the toolchains yourself. Use the existing ones.

> 2. When creating the patch, do I have to bring it up to date with CVS
> first? It says in the README that its ok to patch against the release
> (1.1.1), but I wanted to make doubly sure.

I prefer a patch against the top of tree in CVS, but I  will  usually
also accept one against the latest officiel release.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from a recent meeting:   "We are going to continue having these
meetings everyday until I find out why no work is getting done."