[U-Boot-Users] X-Scale mtune parameters?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 7 17:01:52 CEST 2004

In message <8C35D986-00BA-11D9-9008-000393C7979E at student.unsw.edu.au> you wrote:

> > Will this work for people using a GCC 2.95.x based toolchain?
>
> No, I don't believe so (at least, the 2.95.x toolchain that I have here
> doesn't like it).
>
> Is it necessary to keep this compatibility? (What is the motivation?).

I see no reason to break compatibility without  need.  It  should  be
possible to detect the version of GCC at runtime and make appropriate
adjustments to the compiler options.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
How many hardware guys does it take to change a light bulb? "Well the
diagnostics say it's fine buddy, so it's a software problem."