[U-Boot-Users] Netconsole

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 7 17:08:37 CEST 2004

Dear Andrea,

in message <6.0.1.1.0.20040907130301.01eaff18 at 192.168.2.1> you wrote:

> what about netconsole on ARM architecture?

netconsole does not depend on a specific processor architecture.

> In my understanding, as Ethernet interface management is different from ppc,
> it does not work out of the box. Do you confirm this?

There should be no relevant differences. If  you  check  which  files
contain  NC  specific  code  you  will  see that there is no hardware
dependend code involved:

	-> find * -type f | xargs egrep -l CONFIG_NETCONSOLE
	common/devices.c
	drivers/netconsole.c
	include/devices.h
	include/configs/TQM860L.h
	net/net.c

But I haven't run any tests on ARM myself (I think it was  tested  on
the "trab" board, but I may be wrong).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It would be illogical to kill without reason
	-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4