[U-Boot-Users] Re: Code Warrior 8.14 + WireTAP + U-boot bootloader image ( Arabella 2 .0 C D-ROM "Linux for Motorola 82xx")

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 7 19:50:50 CEST 2004

Dear Alex,

in message <20040907.100000.509.487674 at webmail14.lax.untd.com> you wrote:

> Your recommendation was well noted but at this point I want to avoid using u-boot image, compiled by myself from the source.
> At this point I want to use the "tried"/"tested" bootloader

Have a look at the CHANGELOG  in  the  U-Boot  CVS  tree,  and  check
yourself  if any of the pacthes that have been added since the U-Boot
version on your CDROM might be relevant for your board.

Then decide.

> Do you yourself have the PQ2FADS_VR 66 MHz board (with the MPC8275 processor) by any chance (as well as Arabella 2.0 CD-ROM "Linux for Motorola 82xx" ?) ?

Neither one,  nor  the  other  (and  anyway,  I  never  really  trust
precompiled stuff).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There are no data that cannot be plotted on a straight  line  if  the
axis are chosen correctly.