[U-Boot-Users] Execute in place

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 9 17:29:40 CEST 2004

In message <20040909143147.GA8003 at umax645sx> you wrote:

> That's nonsense. That doesn't make kernel XIP. AFAIR the only attempt to
> make XIP kernel was done for SH port. I do not know its current state.

Wrong. We did this for some  PowerPC  systems  as  well,  and  U-Boot
supports this. See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ConfigureLinuxForXIP
for details.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
My challenge to the goto-less programmer  is  to  recode  tcp_input()
without any gotos ... without any loss of efficiency (there has to be
a catch).                                             - W. R. Stevens