[U-Boot-Users] What is the most simple ppc405gp board

Tadas tpt at pupa.da.ru
Fri Sep 10 14:36:08 CEST 2004

> > What ppc405gp board is cheapest, and have minimum hardware?
>
> DO you what to by one or only use the U-Boot port as a starting point
> for your board?

I have most simple ppc405gp board and need to port bootloader, and linux to
it.
there is no aditional hardware just integrated 8mb ram cpu, ethernet, and
one pci slot.
so I should remove everything from any other board code to port it.

> > Or more excactly, which board DO NOT have real time clock and
> > preferably no
> > fpga.
> > and if the ram is integrated with no upgrade support it
> > would be perfect.
> >
> > I want to use its code as referense.
> > if the board have something more then it is hard to remove.
>
> Hmmm. I find it pretty easy to remove something from U-Boot. I would
> suggest to start with the CPCI4052 and remove all stuff you don't need
> (FPGA, RTC, etc.).

FPGA , RTC is easy to remove from u-boot, but I dont know how remove them
from linux.
and RTC seems to be vital part to run linux. (I found somewhere that it is
nesecary to calculate bogomips)
so probably some special driver is nesecary.

> > And maybe someone know is it posible tu run linux without RTC?
> Yes. We do it on some of our boards.
OK, i will try to use CPCI4052 code.