[U-Boot-Users] What is the most simple ppc405gp board

Stefan Roese stefan.roese at esd-electronics.com
Fri Sep 10 09:41:06 CEST 2004

Hi Tadas,

> What ppc405gp board is cheapest, and have minimum hardware?

DO you what to by one or only use the U-Boot port as a starting point
for your board?

> Or more excactly, which board DO NOT have real time clock and
> preferably no
> fpga.
> and if the ram is integrated with no upgrade support it
> would be perfect.
>
> I want to use its code as referense.
> if the board have something more then it is hard to remove.

Hmmm. I find it pretty easy to remove something from U-Boot. I would
suggest to start with the CPCI4052 and remove all stuff you don't need
(FPGA, RTC, etc.).

> And maybe someone know is it posible tu run linux without RTC?

Yes. We do it on some of our boards.

Best regards,
Stefan