[U-Boot-Users] ppc405gp cpu problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 12 18:41:10 CEST 2004

In message <008d01c4986d$8293fb90$030aa8c0 at t> you wrote:

> first problem with bootloader:
> Seems everybody else is executing this code without problems

Indeed. Are you sure your CPU can read  the  flash  contents  without
problems?

> Another problem is with MMU on linux.
> cpu crashes almost immediately at start.
> when linux atempts to initialize MMU

How do you know? Are you using a JTAG debugger? Which  one/  Does  it
understand  to  use virtual addresses, and is it configured correctly
for this?

> What can cause such behavior? Or these cpu have some defect?

I guess you are using an  inappropriate  and/or  misconfigured  tool.
Additionally,  there  might  be the typical RAM problems you can read
about in at least 9 out of 10 postings on tis list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
8 Catfish                                               = 1 Octo-puss