[U-Boot-Users] Runtime switch from uart0 to uart1?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 15 10:21:11 CEST 2004

In message <1095207529.2892.12.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

> Thanx.  I've been tasked out by my higher-ups to do this.  I'm planning
> on adding the code directly to cpu/ppc4xx/serial.c.

Fine.

> However, I think this is going to add a little bit of text space even if
> CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI is not defined.

You know the reply: I don't like this idea ;-)

> There are several functions that will need to have this done, thus
> adding 1 layer of indirection to the current code to allow for multiple
> serial channels.

Maybe we can use function pointers instead which can  be  overloaded?
[Just  be  careful  and  remember  that  function  pointers don't get
relocated automagically.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Data is a lot like humans: It is  born.  Matures.  Gets  married  to
other  data, divorced. Gets old. One thing that it doesn't do is die.
It has to be killed."                                 - Arthur Miller