[U-Boot-Users] soft or hard I2C code for AT91RM9200?

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Sep 15 16:47:04 CEST 2004

Do you have the "alen" set to 2?  The 24AA256 has two bytes of address.  "Returning" 0xFF sounds like the chip is not responding for the reads after the first two bytes.

How did you verify the data you wrote?  If you are using the read that you complained about, you cannot be sure it is reading _anything_ right (e.g. if your addressing is wrong, you likely are writing to the same wrong location that you are reading from).

If all else fails, hook up a logic analyzer (or digital scope).  This is the most efficient way to debug i2c problems.

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.