[U-Boot-Users] PQ2FADS-ZU, was Code Warrior 8.14 + WireTAP + U-boot bootloader image ( Arabella 2 .0 C D-ROM "Linux for Motorola 82xx")

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Mon Sep 20 16:14:36 CEST 2004

I'm not answering the questions that were asked, but I figured a testimonial wouldn't hurt:

My configuration:
* PQ2FADS-ZU with a MPC8260
* BDI2000, MPC8280 configuration downloaded from denx.de
  * Remaps the IMMR from 0x0F000000 to 0xF0000000
  * Initializes SDRAM
* U-boot build top of the u-boot CVS tree (synced the week of 2004-09-12, I don't remember the exact date).

I had to change the BDI2000 JTAG clocking to 8MHz (JTAGCLOCK 1) from the default 16MHz (JTAGCLOCK 0) before the flash would program reliably.  With the 16MHz clock it would only program 1K+ and then have an error.

The board is booting with the (default) BCSR-supplied HRCW ((IMMR = 0x0F000000) == yech).  I cannot boot it with the BDI2000 plugged in, probably due to the HRCW.  If the BDI2000 is plugged in, u-boot starts to run and then the BDI2000 gets unhappy and resets the board.

ToDo:
* Change the J7 jumper to use flash for the HRCW
* Reconfigure u-boot to boot low (preferred configuration)
* Reconfigure the BDI2000 to...
  * Not move the IMMR (not necessary or desired with a flash HRCW)
  * Remove the SDRAM initialization (SDRAM init is poor practice)
* Get ethernet configured and running...
* Boot linux!

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.