[U-Boot-Users] DULG/Manual: 7.6. Standalone Operation with Ramdisk Image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 21 15:00:05 CEST 2004

In message <20040920.173127.26706.915588 at webmail12.lax.untd.com> you wrote:

> Does it mean that a minimal ramdisk image ramdisk_image.zip "for first tests" for 82xx, which I have downloaded from:
>
>  ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SIMPLE-PPCBOOT-ramdisk

Please confirm that you downloaded a file  from  this  link.  It  was
rmoed  a  long,  long time ago and should NOT point to any valid data
any more.

If you have this file, then remove it. Don't even attempt to  use  it
on a MPC82xx system. It was never meant for this.

The DULG section you quote correctly lists:

        "Ramdisk images for tests can be found in the
        ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/images/
        directories."

so please use these instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There are bugs and then there are bugs.  And then there are bugs.
                                                    - Karl Lehenbauer