[U-Boot-Users] Re: Should "imls" show ramdisk_image.gz copied into the flash ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 21 22:37:09 CEST 2004

In message <20040921.115546.2741.933233 at webmail17.lax.untd.com> you wrote:

> Should "imls" show  the presence of the ramdisk_image.gz copied into the flash ?? (and I do not see it ...)(.

No, it should not. "imls" will only show valid U-Boot images.

ramdisk_image.gz is missing a valid U-boot header.

> If above issue/question is resolved, I presume my next U-Boot command should be:
>
> => bootm 200000 FF800000
>
> Am I guessing correctly ?

No. U-Boot will not use a ramdisk_image.gz image.

> One more question - what bootargs I should preset in U-Boot for this scenario ?

Whatever you like. The "root=/dev/ram" part is mandatory, of cource.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits
of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does
at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower.
            - R.  Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"