[U-Boot-Users] Resubmit of PATCH MPC82XX RevA Support

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Sep 24 16:07:13 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 05:45, Yuli Barcohen wrote:
> The patch contains three unrelated changes. I2C works OK now (I use it
> to read SPD EEPROMs).

The I2C issue turns out to be a bug fix for the entire 82xx family.
Granted, it is not strictly directly related to the RevA support.
For that, my apologies.

>  If you don't even check your patches against CVS,
> do you know if it's still OK?

I am well aware of it patching against the current top-of-CVS.
However, there are roughly 10 weeks of patches collected now.
By the time an in-order application of all of those patches
catches up to this submission, it may well not work.  _THAT_
is my concern.  If that doesn't work, let me know.

>     Jon> This patch obsoletes the previous patch I submitted earlier
>     Jon> with the subject "PATCH MPC82XX RevA Support".
>
>     Jon> * Patch by Gridish Shlomi, 30 Aug 2004:
>     Jon>   Added support to revA version of PQ27 and PQ27E.  Reverted
>     Jon>   baudrate back to original 115200 after unexplained change to
>     Jon>   38400 from rev 1.16 to 1.17.
>
> The change is very well explained: 38400 is Linux default and also
> default value for many other boards. What's unexplained is why you're
> changing things without even notifying board port maintainer.

These changes came from the team that designed the board
and the silicon.  The board maintainer is welcome to chime
in here too.  If you would like, we can have them send you
the code directly and you can wrestle with them directly.
These are changes they wish expressed in the code, I was
just passing it on to the list.

I was trying to address a posted problem with the new silicon
that was reported to me privately and subsequently to this list.
This patch is known to correct those issues.

You are, of course, welcome to take it, leave it, or otherwise
alter it.

Thanks,
jdl