[U-Boot-Users] Regarding Compact Flash Access in UBoot

Sudhakar v.sudhakar at gdatech.co.in
Sat Sep 25 07:23:05 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have a query in Uboot regarding Compact Flash Access for a MPC8540 Based
Board.

Details :

CF is connected thru LCS Chip Select and Configured in True IDE Mode .
I have accessed the CF thru LCS and Im able to read all the CF info such as No
of Sectors,Manufacturer,Model No..Etc.

But I want to include the IDE support.I want the IDE Driver to probe the CF.
Also I want to give boot support from CF.

What are the changed to be done to do that ? If anyone has already worked in
similar area , I think they can provide some useful info.

I know that I have to change the ATA Base Addr in Configuration File.

But apart from that what are the files that I have to focus ?

Any Major modifications are needed  ?

Please provide some info on this.
--
Thanks and Regards,