[U-Boot-Users] the ppc405ep u-boot (with jffs2 configure) failed

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 28 17:35:36 CEST 2004

In message <20040928134227.42956.qmail at web53405.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > How big is your U-Boot image?
>
> after u-boot make, create  3 u-boot files,
>
>             no jffs2       with jffs2
>
> u-boot.bin = 131071         131071
> u-boot     = 185893         204816
> u-boot.srec= 395482         396146

Are you sure? Is this really 131071 bytes? That would mean  that  the
last byte of flash does not get written to - it should be exactly 128
kB  (also, this sounds too small to me; with a decent set of features
U-boot will not fit in this image). Check your u-boot.map file and/or
the output of objdump -h to make sure you don;t have any  overlapping
sections defined in your linker script.

And please keep the list Cc:ed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"There is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
- Mark Twain