[U-Boot-Users] size of mips U-boot image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 29 21:42:28 CEST 2004

In message <200409291150.16422.msundius at sundius.com> you wrote:
> Could anyone give me an approximate size of the U-boot
> image for a mips system when configured with a reasonable configuration:
> i.e. with jffs2 support and support for bootp/tftp?

purple:
 154984    6016   16828  177828   2b6a4 u-boot

incaip:
 161288    6312   18256  185856   2d600 u-boot

[both with full networking, but without JFFS2 support]

> I realize the size can vary depending upon what stuff you pack in there,
> but I'm just looking for a general size.. since if its in the ball park I can
> do the tailoring to make it fit in our FLASH... If not, I'll have to do more
> thinking :]

So far, all images I've seen fit easily in 256 kB. You will  have  to
omit a lot of "nice to have" stuff to squeeze U-Boot into 128 kB.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.