[U-Boot-Users] help: images in example directory are invalid

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 30 17:22:49 CEST 2004

In message <1096543290.5348.64.camel at mhpajh5c> you wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,

Who is Nicholas? No such name in the list of addresses you used.

> I've written to the u-boot this about this question, but thought I would
> write to you as well. u-boot is supposed to build valid stand-alone

It's not only sup[posed to, it does.

> After I loads the hello_world app, I check it with iminfo and get:
> "bad magic number".

This is normale and not a problem. Or did you add a mkimage header?

> Do you have any idea how I'm doing this wrong? Why is u-boot creating
> invalid stand-alone images?

I think you should really start reading  the  documentation.  Ideally
_before_ posting to the list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Now here's something you're really going to like!"
- Rocket J. Squirrel