[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM Access Question

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Sep 30 19:43:49 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Knows.

Then to add to his response...

SDRAM has multiplexed address lines with half of the address lines being presented as a "row" and then the other half as a "column".  SDRAM configuration requires you to configure the SDRAM machine where the row ends and column starts.  If you are wrong, the addressing gets all balled up and you are likely writing and reading into/from an unintended address.

That would be the good news.  The bad news is that, if it isn't a software configuration problem, it is a hardware problem and that would be really bad news indeed (can you spell board spin $$$).

My bet is the SDRAMs you use are different from the SDRAMs used on the PQ2FADS and you didn't reconfigure your SDRAM initialization.  Time to read the SDRAM and 82xx manuals.  You have my sympathy, it takes some time and serious concentration to figure out SDRAM configuration :-/.

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.