[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

C. Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Fri Apr 1 00:32:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

sorry to be a pest,  A while ago I posted a message asking about
support for JFFS2 within U-boot.

I didn't get a response so I'm wondering if anyone uses this feature?
in reading the code, it seems
as though there are many comments indicating that the support is a
"less than elegant" implementation.
(to be more specific they say have a paper bag ready in case you have
to puke :]

that said, does anyone use this feature.. it seems to me that it is
very useful to have and many would
want it.. on the other hand I know that the JFFS2 people have moved
forward and don't support older
kernels and thus maybe this code is out of date.. or (more likely) my
kernel is out of date.

anyway, if anyone who has some experience with using JFFS2 in concert
w/ u-boot could respond,
I would be very grateful

btw: the problems I am having seem to be related to reading symbolic
links.

thanks for you help

C Michael Sundius
Solico Group LLC