[U-Boot-Users] JFFS2 support - was: (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 1 01:05:43 CEST 2005

repl: bad addresses:
	C.Michael Sundius <msundius at sundius.com> -- no at-sign after local-part (Sundius)

Please configure your mailer correctly.  If  you  use  special  chars
in the name ('.') you are supposed to quote it.

AND PLEASE PROVIDE A USEFUL SUBJECT!!!!

In message <6b2c38e74085edfd4af93cd2f311e7ee at sundius.com> you wrote:

> sorry to be a pest,  A while ago I posted a message asking about
> support for JFFS2 within U-boot.
>
> I didn't get a response so I'm wondering if anyone uses this feature?

Yes, we are. Some of our customers are.

> in reading the code, it seems
> as though there are many comments indicating that the support is a
> "less than elegant" implementation.

Feel free to improve it ...

> that said, does anyone use this feature.. it seems to me that it is
> very useful to have and many would

Guess why it has been added to U-Boot?

> anyway, if anyone who has some experience with using JFFS2 in concert
> w/ u-boot could respond,

A precise question is the prerequisite to any useful response.

> btw: the problems I am having seem to be related to reading symbolic
> links.

Can you be a _bit_ more explicit? What is your test case? What works,
and what does  not  work?  Are  you  on  NOR  or  NAND  flash?  Which
architecture?  How  did  you create the JFFS2 filesystem? How did you
install it? Which version of the Linux kernel is this? Which  version
of MTD code is in your Linux kernel tree?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Teenagers are people who express a burning desire to be different by
dressing exactly alike.
There are some strings. They're just not attached.