[U-Boot-Users] PP440EP, problem with EMAC and MAL

Paweł Sklarow p_sklarow at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Apr 2 12:51:25 CEST 2005

Hello!
I'm trying to port u-boot for Bamboo board (from AMCC).
I have problem with run ethernet interface.
Initialization of EMAC&PHY looks good, but I have problem
with MAL.
After receive data ppc440EP raises MAL error interrupt with
  cause "Buffer Descriptor Format Error" in first RX channel.
I've checked pareters passed to MAL DRC's - it looks fine.
I know that those errors could appear when "flag EMPTY in rx
buffer desciptor is not set", but is set.

Maybe is there an different reason:
In AMCC documentation I've found information that
buffer descriptor should be placed in non-cached memory
or all descriptors area can's cross cache line size.
In u-boot there is a mechanizm to provide not to cross
cache line, so it looks that it'd be no cache problem.

Maybe somebody was in similar troubles, and could help me?

--
regards, Pawel Sklarow