[U-Boot-Users] get_ram_size() returns wrong value

Daniel Ann ktdann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:52:13 CEST 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 7:42 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

Thanks for the hint. You are right I left out configuring memory controller.
Okay, now I've configured it, but it's still playing up on me.

> How is maxsize defined in your configuration?

maxsize is configured as,
#define CFG_MAX_RAM_SIZE    0x08000000  /* 0 .. 128 MB of (S)DRAM */

> How is your memory controller configured (address masks) ?

#define CFG_BANK0_START     0x00000000
#define CFG_BANK0_END       (CFG_MAX_RAM_SIZE/2 - 1)
#define CFG_BANK0_ENABLE    1
#define CFG_BANK1_START     (CFG_MAX_RAM_SIZE/2)
#define CFG_BANK1_END       (CFG_MAX_RAM_SIZE - 1)
#define CFG_BANK1_ENABLE    1

Rest is all disabled.

It gets to DRAM: 128MB, but soon after that, it wants to access
0x7FDEEB0, where there's no data. Looks like its configuration issue.
Guess I should look into it.

BTW, is it right by simply halving the MAX value ? I sort of guessed
this part. Looked at schemetics and they used 2 chip selects. So, I
figured halving it. Is it cool ?

--
Daniel