[U-Boot-Users] JFFS2+U-Boot writing an image that has been "SUMMARY"-patched?

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin at egholm-nielsen.dk
Wed Apr 6 16:26:35 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I'm considering patching my Linux kernel JFFS2 code with the "summary"
patch:
http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/jffs2/mount.php
decreasing mount time severely. In short, this patch requires modifying
some data in the end of each eraseblock - also in the image that should
be written.

However, I'm planning on using u-boot to write the Linux root-fs - using
"nand write.jffs2" - and was wondering whether this function
(write.jffs2) actually cared about what it was writing?

I tried writing "giberish" memory data using write.jffs2, and it didn't
complain, though. But still, its name ".jffs2" indicate that some
knowledge of jffs2 is used?

BR,
  Martin Egholm