[U-Boot-Users] quick gzip question/issue.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 14 09:56:28 CEST 2005

In message <6.1.1.1.0.20050413233643.01eb40f0 at ptg1.spd.analog.com> you wrote:

> Has anyone seen an issue with compressed kernels?

Yes, often - in case of misuse,  like  when  using  an  inappropriate
download  address  so  that  parts  of the image get overwritten when
uncompression starts.

> When things get too big - the kernel decompresses - but does not boot
> properly. If I tftp the binary image (before gzip, and mkimage) things work
> OK....

You don't provide any useful information (like  exact  commands  used
and addresses used), so don't expect a helpful reply ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If some day we are defeated, well, war has  its  fortunes,  good  and
bad.
	-- Commander Kor, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7