[U-Boot-Users] trizeps2 SMC lan91c96 (smc9111.c comparison)

Matej Kupljen matej.kupljen at ultra.si
Fri Apr 15 11:44:35 CEST 2005

Hi

> > LAN91C96: memory allocation, try 1 failed ...
> > LAN91C96: memory allocation, try 2 failed ...

<...snip...>

> +                 SMC_DEV_NAME, try,
> +                 status, SMC_inb (AR_REG));

I remember I had problems with SMC_inb macro (defined in h file).
I tracked it down to be a compiler BUG (or maybe binutils), because it
did not calculate the right address for the offset. I solved it
by replacing this macro with much simpler version. Then I upgraded
my compiler (I cannot remember the compiler version) and I could use
"standard" macro.

Check the generated ASM, or use debugger (BDI2000, if you have one) to
see if the code is O.K.

Hope this helps.

Matej