[U-Boot-Users] hello_world crashes U-Boot

Andrew Wozniak awozniak at mc.com
Sun Apr 17 21:26:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

I still need to investigate this further, but figured that a post might
encourage some suggestions about this interesting issue.

hello_word was built with the default Makefile for the PPC440GX and it
runs just fine. But when it is modified so that "no" stdio is used and a
structure init is attempted, it crashed U-Boot (see attachment) when
hello_world returns.

int hello_world (int argc, char *argv[])
{
         struct pci_controller thehose = {0};

	app_startup(argv);
	return (0);
}

The interesting part is that when one or more stdio functions is added,
printf() for example, there is no crash.

I was hoping that someone else might be able to reproduce this crash.

My current U-Boot image has about 8 exported functions in addition to
the default ones. hello_world was built against this image to insure ABI
compatibility.

Thanks for any suggestions, Andrew