[U-Boot-Users] How to configure the CFG_ATA_* settings?

huang fengming huangfengming at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 03:34:06 CEST 2005

Dear all,

   I am now working on a custom board with MPC8245 and
UliM5283 SATA/PATA controller. I am trying to boot an
image from the hard disk but yet not get the ATA/IDE
working.

   Now I am trying to figure out how to set those
ATA_CFG_* configurations. I don't know whether this is
an old question or not, actually I tried to search
through both the PPCboot maillist and Uboot maillist
and found no answer to similiar questions.

   Anybody can give me some hints? Yes, I do read
through the UliM5283 datasheet, but how should I
translate the information provided in the datasheet
into the CFG_ATA_* settings? Thanks in advance.

regards,

fengming Huang