[U-Boot-Users] Write buffer programming for AMD flash chips

Thomas Schäfer thomas.schaefer at kontron.com
Mon Apr 25 17:46:09 CEST 2005

Hi,

The patch attached adds write buffer programming support for AMD flash chips in the drivers/cfi_flash.c file. I've tested this on a custom board with AMD S29GL256M flash chips.

I tried not to change the program flow for other flash chips available before, but I have no possibility to test this. Brad, Yuli, can you check this patch if it complies with your previous work?

Patching the write_buff function

+		/* write buffer until next buffered_size aligned boundary */
+		i = buffered_size - (wp % buffered_size);
+		if (i>cnt)
+			i = cnt;

is necessary because AMD chips require the write buffer to be aligned with the size of the available write buffer. It probably doesn't hurt when programming other (Intel) chips.

Best regards,

Thomas Schäfer

Kontron Modular Computers GmbH

Konrad-Zuse-Str. 9