[U-Boot-Users] U-boot 1.1.2 on SMDK2410

Tehn-Yit Chin Tehn-Yit.Chin at greyinnovation.com
Tue Apr 26 08:15:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

We attempting to bring u-boot 1.1.2 up on a SMDK2410 board and are
having a few problems. I have search through the mailing list and
googled the net for some information but was not able to find.

I build u-boot 1.1.2 as the following

make smdk2410_config
make

I am using gcc 3.3.2 and the build went through without any errors.

Using a ARM RealView ICE, I downloaded the resulting u-boot.bin to
address 0x33F80000. Set the PC at 0x33F8000, and start the code
execution. I was hoping that the serial port would come alive but
nothing came out. No signs of life was showing from the board.

I have configured smdk2410 to non-NAND boot. All the other configuration
are left as default.

Any advice on which areas to look at or any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tehn Yit Chin
Software Engineer, Grey Innovation Pty. Ltd.