[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-boot with IBM-PPC440GP - questions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 26 09:11:04 CEST 2005

In message <156.4fe76940.2f9efa41 at aol.com> you wrote:
> In the posting below, what does "sure" mean as an answer to question #3?

Are you really resuming this discussion after *nine* *months*? Wow!

>  >>> (3) - My board uses the LXT972 as the Ethernet transceiver (PHY). Does
>  >>> the boot loader support it?
>
>  >>  Sure.

The meaning of "sure" is: yes, it does.

> I am porting U-Boot to a custom board that has an LXT972 Ethernet Transceiver
> (PHY).  Should U-Boot support it without making changes to the code?  If

In the first sentence you write that you are porting  U-Boot  -  this
already  includes  the  answer  to  your  question: any port requires
making changes to the code.

> changes are necessary, what are they?

We don;t know your board, so how could we know?

> Without making changes to U-Boot, I am finding that auto-negotiation times
> out.  Thus, I am wondering what "sure" means.

Yes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What nonsense people talk about happy marriages! A man can  be  happy
with any woman so long as he doesn't love her.         -- Oscar Wilde