[U-Boot-Users] Download U-Boot in RAM on Memec Board

andreas_schmidt at ifm-electronic.com andreas_schmidt at ifm-electronic.com
Tue Apr 26 09:51:33 CEST 2005

Hei at all

I have comiled u-boot and want to download the u-boot in RAM on Memec Evaluation Board.
The board has 64K RAM and address is 0x00000000 to 0x03FFFFFF.

When i use the commands described in examples e.g.
xmd> ppcconnect
xmd> dow uboot.elf
xmd> run
the xmd begins to download at address 0x04000000 !!! and at the console I get information
on which addresses the sectors were placed.

When i use the command with explicit address giving
xmd> ppcconnect
xmd> dow uboot.elf 0x00000000
xmd> run
the xmd begins to download but i got no information at xmd console but no error, too.

In both variants I get no connection at RS232(this is next problem) but this is perhaps
another problem.

What kind of dow command I must use?

best regards,

Andreas Schmidt