[U-Boot-Users] Redundant environment and saveenv

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 26 15:03:20 CEST 2005

In message <00bc01c54a58$b347c5d0$1000000a at araavanesyan> you wrote:

> I have enabled a redundant environment and my two environments reside in two
> different sectors in flash. Everything works perfectly, except seems there
> is a problem in saveenv command:

Which type of problem?

> it writes a char to (ulong)&(flash_addr->flags), but this sector was never
> erased.

Yes, this is intentional. It's marking the old environment sector  as
obsolete.

> am i missing something here?

I don't know. Where exactly is your problem? You don;t have to  erase
flash to be able to write to it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many hardware guys does it take to change a light bulb? "Well the
diagnostics say it's fine buddy, so it's a software problem."