[U-Boot-Users] Re: Download U-Boot in RAM on Memec Board

Pierre Kestener pierre.kestener at cea.fr
Wed Apr 27 17:01:35 CEST 2005

>Subject: [U-Boot-Users] Download U-Boot in RAM on Memec Board
>
>Hei at all
>
>I have comiled u-boot and want to download the u-boot in RAM on Memec Evaluation Board.
>The board has 64K RAM and address is 0x00000000 to 0x03FFFFFF.
>
>When i use the commands described in examples e.g.
>xmd> ppcconnect
>xmd> dow uboot.elf
>xmd> run
>the xmd begins to download at address 0x04000000 !!! and at the console I get information
>on which addresses the sectors were placed.

You have to change TEXT_BASE (see "board/xilinx/ml300/config.mk" file,
default is 0x04000000) to some address inside RAM (for example 0x100000)
and change accordingly CFG_MONITOR_BASE in file
"include/configs/ml300.h" (see README at top of u-boot sources).
It should be sufficient to run u-boot this way on a Memec board via xmd.

Pierre Kestener.