[U-Boot-Users] PPC: How to access RAM location 0x0 (unmapped) ?

KokHow Teh KokHow.Teh at marconi.com
Thu Apr 28 05:27:42 CEST 2005

Hi;
      board/sbc8240.c initdram() calls get_ram_size() with CFG_SDRAM_BASE
= 0. Put it into board/mpc8260ads/mpc8260ads.c. and it crashes....

Regards.

"KokHow Teh" <KokHow.Teh at marconi.com>@lists.sourceforge.net on 04/28/2005
10:42:07 AM

Sent by:    u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net

To:    u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc:

Subject:    [U-Boot-Users] PPC: How to access RAM location 0x0 (unmapped) ?

Hi;
      In MIPS I can access RAM localtion 0x0 unmapped with 0x8000_0000
(cached) and 0xA000_0000(uncached). I guess this is not possible in PPC?
      I ask because I would like to call get_ram_size() during the bootup
to determine the size of my SDRAM before it is mapped. Anyway, I need to
know the size of SDRAM in order to map it.

Thanks & Regards,
TEH