[U-Boot-Users] PPC: How to access RAM location 0x0 (unmapped) ?

KokHow Teh KokHow.Teh at marconi.com
Thu Apr 28 09:12:14 CEST 2005

The reason of the crash was because I put get_ram_size() before the sdram
controller was initialized. I don't know how it works in sbc8240 but this
is what I get in tqm8260:

        /* We must be able to test a location outsize the maximum legal size
         * to find out THAT we are outside; but this address still has to be
         * mapped by the controller. That means, that the initial mapping has
         * to be (at least) twice as large as the maximum expected size.
         */

      Now it works.

Thanks.

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>@denx.de on 04/28/2005 01:55:16 PM