[U-Boot-Users] GCC3.4.0 Coldfire 52xx Build problems

Murray.Jensen at csiro.au Murray.Jensen at csiro.au
Fri Aug 5 09:02:45 CEST 2005

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:31:27 +0200, Wolfgang Denk writes:
>In message <OKECIIPCKHCPJAOEEJNMMEONCAAA.teun at adesys.nl> you wrote:
>> Is then main reason for this problems that I use GCC3.4.0 toolchain ??
>Probably.

I use GCC-3.4.3 to build U-Boot for our MPC8560 based board. I had an
internal linker error which I traced to the following in my linker script:

  . = + SIZEOF_HEADERS;

I changed this to:

  . = + 1024;

and it prevented the core dump in the linker.

I know your target is very different, but I thought this info might help
anyway (if not you, then maybe someone else). Cheers!
								Murray...
--
Murray Jensen, CSIRO Manufacturing & Infra. Tech.      Phone: +61 3 9662 7763
Locked Bag No. 9, Preston, Vic, 3072, Australia.         Fax: +61 3 9662 7853
Internet: Murray.Jensen at csiro.au

To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or
that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential or privileged.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it immediately and notify Murray Jensen on
+61 3 9662 7763. Thank you.