[U-Boot-Users] GCC3.4.0 Coldfire 52xx Build problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 5 12:26:09 CEST 2005

In message <20838.1123235458 at gerd> you wrote:

> Umm.. I think I worked out what was a reasonable value for SIZEOF_HEADERS
> and substituted it. The build succeeds and runs fine on our MPC8560 board.

Replacing a Builtin Function which is supposed to return the  correct
size  of  the  output  file's headers by a hardwired value which just
happens to be correct in one case is definitely not  acceptable,  not
even as a temporary workaround.

Simply don't use tools that are broken on such a basic level. And  if
you  want to use them, so either bug the binutils folks iuuintil they
fix it, or fix it yourself.  But  don;t  break  perfectly  legal  and
working code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Due to lack of disk space, this fortune database has been discontinued.