[U-Boot-Users] Unable to set U-Boot stdin and stdout environm ent variables to "n c"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 8 22:39:06 CEST 2005

> Yes after defining CONFIG_NETCONSOLE in my board config file I could access
> U-Boot shell through network! But after rebooting my target, console is back

OK.

> to serial! I have changed environment variables 'stdin' 'stdout' to "nc" and
> saved using 'saveenv' command.  Is there anything am I missing?? How do I
> make my target to use netconsole always?

You can either manually set the standard I/O channels by re-assigning
the I/O channels in your board specific init code, or  (and  this  is
the  recommended  approach)  by putting the appropriate "setenv stdin
nc;..." commands in your "preboot" environment  variable  which  gets
executed  automatically  before  entring the main loop. Note that you
have top enable this feature in the board config file, too (unless it
already is on, which is problebly the case on your board).

> Sorry It was my exchange server who appended my mail with "DISCLAIMER"! I
> request you please ignore "DISCLAIMER" message! Or else in feature I can use
> my public server mail ID(gmail) to post my queries! But please don't send

Please do.

> the police!!!

:-)

> Hope this message doesn't contain any HTML information!
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C59C2A.1A70E836
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> <HTML>

Unfortunately it does. Please turn this off.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The first thing we do is kill all the lawyers.
(Shakespeare. II Henry VI, Act IV, scene ii)