[U-Boot-Users] Re: MIPS LE build problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 10 10:45:40 CEST 2005

In message <1123659794.29961.22.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

> So, if (for example) if you would like to build the LE version:
> # CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux-gcc make dbau1200_config
> # make
>
> and BE:
> # CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-gcc make dbau1200_config
> # make

Right. This iis what I think should work.

> But, this way you need two toolchains :-(

Two - or one that can be called using different names (like the  ELDK
does).

> How about if you would specify the endianness when you do a config.
> Like:
> # CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux-gcc ENDIANNESS=LE make dbau1200_config
> # make

No, this seems even worse to me.

Ummm... How is this handled in the Linux kernel?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Mandrell: "You know what I think?"
Doctor:   "Ah, ah that's a catch question. With a brain your size you
          don't think, right?"
                - Dr. Who