[U-Boot-Users] CFI, saveenv Flash no Erased

Scott McNutt smcnutt at psyent.com
Fri Aug 12 20:24:19 CEST 2005

Hi All,
First, my thanks to the CFI developers -- great job!

With the erase and cp commands, the CFI flash driver seems just
fine. However, when I execute saveenv (env is in flash), I observe
"Flash not Erased".

I'm using AMDLV065D on a Nios-II board with the latest cfi_flash.c
(rev 1.18). In routine flash_write_cfiword (cfi_flash.c, line 1146),
flag == 0, indicating that the flash is not "(sufficiently) erased":

     flag = ((cptr.cp[0] & cword.c) == cword.c);

Adding a delay of about 500 msec corrects the problem, and I was able
to trace the bits changing (eventually) to 0xff with some hack code.

This is the first time I've worked with the CFI code, so I'm looking
for some guidance from someone familiar with the code on how to track
down the problem/potential solution & where I should focus my attention.

Thanks,
--Scott