[U-Boot-Users] MPC8280 USB console

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Mon Aug 15 13:31:13 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <OF148161B0.215740C5-ON4825705B.001BEE4A at uk.marconicomms.com> you wrote:
>
>>      I am trying to bring up the USB controller on PQ2FADS-ZU with MPC8280
>>onboard. I have finished with the initialization and transaction routines
>>but not the ones neccessary for usbtty to work. The u-boot-1.1.2 source

[snip]

>>(3) What type of cable should I use? I assume a Type-A-to-Type-A PC-to-PC
>

> You better check what your hardware allows. Using a A-to-A cable with
> hartdware that is not compatible may ruin both your target board  and
> the PC.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

IIRC, the PQ2FADS board has an errata on using USB in slave mode: the
circuitry does not disconnect the +5v power properly when in slave mode
(sneak path through the MOSFET intrinsic diode?) and so the PQ2FADS
board (as slave) could fight with the host (as master).  CHECK THIS
BEFORE CONNECTING IT UP.

gvb