[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-Boot Developer's Information

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Tue Aug 16 18:22:37 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <tnx3bpamca6.fsf at arm.com> you wrote:
>>
>> Any plans to add a gitweb interface?
>
> Up and running. See http://source.denx.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi

Great, thanks.

>> Contributors who are used to Quilt could also use StGIT as one of the
>> porcelains ('stg clone http://source.denx.net/git/u-boot.git u-boot').
>> It might simplify the patches maintenance/submission ('mail' command
>> available as well).
>
> True. I have to admit that I didn't look into StGIT yet - do you  use
> it? Any comments?

I use StGIT for my Linux patches on top of the mainline kernel and I
find it quite useful for keeping my changes in separate logical
commits (which can be updated). I'm probably not the right person to
praise it since I'm the one who wrote/maintains it :-).

Anyway, it is useful mainly for contributors that expect their patches
to be merged upstream. For the maintainer would make sense only on a
development/testing branch where patches are imported and validated
before being pushed to the stable branch.

I will make a new release this weekend with an updated README
describing its usage since the tool evolved and the documentation is a
bit outdated.

Catalin